Established in 2013, Better Food Ventures has assembled a team of experienced, international investors looking to identify and develop companies that can improve the performance of the food and agriculture industries through the application of information and communications technology.
To meet the changing market demands of today and the future, the food and agriculture industries need to more fully embrace technologies such as:
- Mobile and cloud-based computing
- Sensor technologies and “the internet of things”
- Robotics, artificial intelligence
- Location-identification and image recognition
- Massive and real-time data analytics
- Collaborative production and consumption and social marketing
We are keen to see the application of information and communications technologies that we have helped develop over the last decade now create value in vertical applications like food and agriculture.